There are many reasons why I highly recommend the Rica Ishavshotel to be your ‘headquarters’ in your Tromsø northern lights chase mission:
- The hotel is in such a perfect location on the quay that the views you get of the harbour, the mountains, and the valley across the water are nothing short of spectacular.
- It’s used as a pickup and drop off point of a number of tours. If like us, you choose the Arctic Guide Service, the meeting point will be right at the reception of the hotel.
- The bus that goes directly to the airport stops right in front of the hotel.
- The rooms are clean, have modern amenities, and tastefully decorated. And since the hotel is located at the edge of the quay, almost all rooms give spectacular views of Tromsø Sound.
- Service from the hotel staff goes the extra mile. I forgot my passport between the pages of a Game of Thrones book in the seat pocket of the SAS flight from Oslo, and the concierge helped us in contacting the airport and getting my passport back. (Note: Whoever returned my passport decided to take my GoT book as a keepsake.)
My absolute favourite part of staying at Rica Ishavshotel Tromsø is the amazing breakfast spread that greeted me the following morning. The buffet featured anything and everything from fresh smoothies, yogurt parfaits, pancakes-by-request, local meat products, and a variety of Norwegian fish offerings fresh from local suppliers.
For foodies reading this, I recommend that you add Rica Ishavshotel Tromsø’s breakfast as a ‘stop’ in your itinerary:
Rica Ishavshotel · Fr. Langesgate 2 Tromsø, 9008 · (+47) 77 66 64 00 · firstname.lastname@example.org